Friendships That Last a Lifetime
The senior class is quite special to us here at DCS, as some of them have been with us since Kindergarten. It’s a close group of friends with bonds that will last a lifetime.
The seniors experience many fun activities such as a Grand Teton/Yellowstone trip for 9 days at the beginning of the school year to focus on leadership and to consolidate a scientific Biblical worldview through God’s creation with Mr. Hayley (a wildlife biologist) and Mr. Hergenrather (a creation geologist).
Double Accreditation => Ready for College
Also, because of DCS’s exceptional double accreditation, seniors are ready for college.
Important Dates for Seniors – 2016-17
Today—start gathering photos to share at the Junior/Senior Dessert and Graduation. The plan is to use the same slideshow at both events. At the Junior/Senior Dessert, parents’ voice-overs will play with the pictures; at Graduation, music will support the slide show.
- Send around 20 photos to Lisa Clear, and she will choose the best based on clarity and resolution.
- Digital photos should be compiled on a USB drive and submitted to the school office. Mrs. Clear will collect them there.
- If you have actual photos you would like to use, scan them and add them to the USB with the rest of the photos. Contact Lisa Clear for any questions you may have about this process (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Record a 2 minute message to your senior that you would like played at the Junior/Senior Dessert while the picture slideshow is playing. These voice-overs are an opportunity to share in your student’s success in graduating, relating your joy in them, your hopes for them, your memories of them, etc.
Friday, April 7—Photos and voice-overs are due to Lisa Clear. Please have these digital items loaded on a USB drive and deliver them to the school office by this date.
- It is recommended that you use your cell phone to record a message, using a voice recording app, then load that recording onto a USB drive.
- If you have any questions about voice recording apps, direct them to Mrs. Clear.
- If you would like to record your voice-overs during Spring Conferences March 23, please make an appointment with Mrs. Clear.
Monday, May 1—Senior Bios are due to Mrs. Lorenzen for a Bible grade. Senior bios are an opportunity for students to create an artistic display of pictures and to share about their future and past. Bios will be posted in the school hallway and will include a student’s immediate future plans, as well as discussing the most valuable lesson they are taking away from their DCS experience.
Monday, May 8—Junior/Senior Dessert, 6:30 p.m. at the school
Monday, May 15—Speeches of Valedictorian(s) and Salutatorian(s) are due to Mrs. Lorenzen
May 23-25—Senior Finals Week
Friday, May 26—Seniors’ last day. Noon dismissal
Friday, June 2—Graduation Rehearsal at Good Shepherd 3:00-4:00
Friday, June 2—GRADUATION at Good Shepherd 7:00 (seniors arrive at 6:15)
Saturday, June 3—Rejoice and Relax!!!