Recently, Governor Brown announced a statewide temporary closure of all schools until April 28.
This does not come as a surprise to me; with wisdom and foresight, I have been working to create a system that allows for students at DCS to continue to be educated. Please rest assure that I am thinking about the academic, emotional and spiritual needs of your students.
I would like to layout our plans going forward below.
- We will provide a detailed schedule for instruction and at-home application in an upcoming email. A hybrid of digital and distance learning will start on April 1st for all students (pre-K through 12th grade).
- We will continue to integrate our Christian Worldview in how we teach.
- We will still pursue regular personal connections with our students through videos, video conferencing, emails, phone calls and personal notes.
- We will ensure students get the classes and credits they need to complete their studies this year.
- We will maintain consistent, clear and concise communication with all our students and their families.
The Board, school and church have been working tirelessly to provide for a Biblical-based alternative, which will not require us to abandon our core value or weaken the integrity of our DCS culture.
Please continue to check your email periodically as this will be one of the primary platforms, we will use to communicate with our school families. Be encouraged that God is sovereign and He will carry us through this together.
Damascus Christian School
Address: 14251 SE Rust Way, Damascus, OR 97089