It was great to make it through a full week of school. Our teachers are working tirelessly for you and your student. They are excited to be fulfilling God’s calling on their lives. Please continue to pray for us as we pray for you during this time. Our unity and mutual support of one another will enable us to continue to progress forward. Thank you for entrusting us with your precious children.
Sick Student: If you have a sick student you must complete follow one of the following steps.
- You must quarantine your student for 10 days.
- You must get a doctor’s note explaining how your student’s symptoms are not COVID-19 related.
- You must get a COVID-19 test to validate that your student does not have COVID-19
I know this creates a considerable inconvenience on your family, but we are required to follow these mandates by the Oregon Health Authority. These steps also ensure that we can maintain the least restrictive learning environment for all our students.
Picture Day: Remember Picture Day is this Tuesday, October 6th.
ELD status: We are awaiting approval to provide emergency childcare for students up to age 12 during traditional school hours. As soon as we receive approval, we will inform you.
Afternoon Pick Up: Several of our parents are arriving at 2:40 PM to pick up their students. Students are in session until 3:15 PM. We have been able to get almost everyone dismissed in 15 minutes, so if you don’t want to wait in line, feel free to come a little later.
Answers to some potential questions: (These will be video links)
1) What do I do if my child is sick? (To be posted soon on our COVID-19 Page)
8) What steps is DCS taking to mitigate the spread of COVID-19? (To be posted soon on our COVID-19 Page)