A New Annual Basketball Honor…
This will be the first of a new annual basketball honor to be presented to players who represent the virtues of Christ to the opposing team with consideration to sportsmanship, integrity, honor and respect as displayed during games.
Fans will be able to cast their vote by dropping a slip of paper with the name of their nomination printed on it into a “secret ballot box”. This box will be present at all home games and located near the snack shack. The winner will be the player who receives the most votes at the end of the season. We will award the honor to one boys’ varsity and one girls’ varsity player. The rules and criteria are as follows:
- The voting is limited to adult fans only
- This is to prevent the honor from becoming a school popularity contest.
- Coaches, players and students may NOT cast votes
- We ask that each adult cast one vote per season per team
- You may vote for one boy recipient and one girl recipient
- Take your time deciding, you have all season
ON WHAT WINGS DO EAGLES SOAR?
They consistently display good sportsmanship
Their character is one of honor and integrity
They respect the authority of the referees
They respect their teammates
They consistently strive to represent the virtues of Christ to the opposing team
Choose ONE Soaring Eagle per team by placing an X next to their name. If you wish, use the space beside the roster to leave a note of encouragement for your Soaring Eagle.