What is Building on Faith?
"But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith..."
- Jude 1:20
CLICK HERE for the latest B.O.F. prayer updates
or here for a compiled list of updates 2017-2019 (PDF)
"Building on Faith" is not about a physical building. It means strengthening and growing in our faith, and moving in obedience to God when He directs us to go somewhere or do something, even when it doesn't look possible. And yet, for Damascus Community Church, "Building on Faith" is also about a physical building.
For over 30 years DCC has discussed improved facilities. Along the way we have added the gymnasium and portable classrooms to our facilities, to both continue and expand our many ministries. Today, we are utilizing present facilities to capacity, and find ourselves limited by inadequate space in both numbers and size of rooms.
Beginning in 2003, our discussions have focused on two key principles. First, facilities are just that - tools to facilitate ministry. Second, God has allowed us to be in an excellent location for serving the community of Damascus. For this reason, we have purchased adjacent or near property, and have considered a variety of expansion options to better meet both current and anticipated needs.
In order to meet both ministry and maintenance needs to the greatest degree possible, with our input an architect developed a plan for the replacement of our current education wing. To pursue this project, we enlisted the organization Influencing Generations For Christ to interview and meet with a majority of our DCC and DCS constituents, to ascertain the level of support. While there was resounding support for the concept of facilities development, the estimated cost of the proposed building was beyond projected financial support. As a result, we have hired a survey crew to provide a full-campus survey to be used in the development of a phased master plan, with a phase 1 building to meet as many needs as possible at a more reasonable cost. Facilities development is an expensive endeavor, so please pray that God will clearly lead us forward, and be glorified as our faith grows and we see Him do more than we could ask or think.
Building on Faith Video History
(produced in 2017)
"WHAT'S NEXT?" SUMMARY (11/4/19)
Background through 2017-
- Many ideas considered, studies done, and conversations about the best way to build to facilitate the ministry the Lord has called us to as a church.
- Responding to ministry and maintenance needs, and believing the time had come, the Elder Council (EC) concluded it is God’s will that we pursue facilities development.
- The EC develops a concept for building, a structure to replace the current wing between the Sanctuary and the Gym.
- Through interaction with the DCC family (church and school constituencies) by utilizing the service of Influencing Generations for Christ, we found affirmation of unity on our mission, vision, and need for building.
What’s Next? 2019- (see graphic)
- Development of a plan to raise the needed capital to build (“Caleb Study”).
- This will be followed by a capital campaign in two phases, leading to the building program.