our nursery is now open!
Please read our nursery protocols! You must register your child in the "Children's Sunday School and Nursery" box which is at the same link you use to register for the worship service: https://bit.ly/3l5Y0VL.
SUNDAY SCHOOL ONLINE
Please join us each week for a lesson on the "Damascus Children's Ministry" YouTube channel!
SUNDAY SCHOOL IN-PERSON
We are excited to offer a full Sunday School program in-person for children 3-12 years old during our 9:30 worship service. If your family chooses to attend the 9:30 worship service, please read the following carefully:
- Families MUST register to attend the DCC in-person service for your children to participate in Sunday School (in-person) https://bit.ly/3l5Y0VL. Please note, children must be registered in the Sunday School box and the rest of your family (adults/teens) must be registered in the auditorium. Registration is available beginning Sunday afternoon of the week before and we encourage you to register early in the week as this service does fill up. If the service is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find you a spot!
- Sunday School will run the entire length of the service. Drop off will be at 9:15-9:30 by last name at the southernmost (left) door at the main entrance (look for the “Children’s Ministry Entrance” sign). We ask that only Sunday School attendees come into the building through that door (all others, including parents, should wait outside).
- All children will receive a pre-printed name tag at the drop off location. Parents will receive a numbered sticker.
- Pick up after services will also be by last name at the southernmost door – please bring the numbered sticker you received at drop off and wait outside for your children.
- Doors to access the children’s wing from the lobby will be closed to adults attending the service in the auditorium. Also, there will be a wall blocking access to the friendship center from the auditorium.
- Be in good health - If you are showing any signs of illness or may have been exposed to the coronavirus in the past two weeks, please do not attend church / Sunday School.
- Children 5 and older MUST wear a face covering. Children 3-4 years are encouraged to wear a face covering if possible.
- Please pick up your children promptly after the service and do not re-enter the foyer/auditorium. We encourage your family to fellowship with others OUTSIDE after the service. Our purpose is to protect both the adult and children’s cohorts so that only a small cohort will need to quarantine if there is a covid exposure. We understand this may be inconvenient but we want everyone to stay safe and healthy. Thank you for understanding and for loving our church body in this manner.
PROTOCOLS FOR IN-PERSON SUNDAY SCHOOL
Here are our safety protocols:
- Health checks and temperatures will be taken for each child at check-in
- Children receive hand sanitizer as they enter and leave the classroom – to keep outside germs out and Sunday School germs in the classroom!
- Children in the same family are seated next to each other while children outside your family are seated 6 ft apart
- Classes are capped at 10 children to allow for more individualized learning and discipleship
- All teachers and children 5 and older wear face masks/shields at all times
- All high-touch surfaces/equipment (i.e. tables, pencils, clipboards, Bibles) are cleaned after each class and the classrooms are sprayed as well
- Children use the handicap or preschool bathroom, a different bathroom from what the adults in the auditorium use
- Individually, pre-packaged snacks are distributed during class by one teacher who wears gloves
Our goal at Damascus Community Church is to strengthen and mature every believer, and to present them complete in Christ, ( Colossians 1:28). In order to accomplish this goal, we offer Sunday morning programs for children from nursery age through sixth grade. Additionally, on Sunday evenings we have our weekly Junction, which is a whole family outreach focused on knowing Christ through scripture memory.
If you would like to provide feedback about our children's ministry, please click here. Please contact Angela at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.