This week marks the end of 2nd quarter/1st semester, with a half day for Kindergarten through 6th grade on Friday, 1/14. Additionally, on Monday, 1/17, re-enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year will begin and you will receive an email with instructions on how to re-enroll your student to secure their spot for the upcoming school year. Take a moment to check out the latest attached eagle eye edition to get a look at the week's schedule and important upcoming dates. Please read on for important updates on COVID-19 protocols.
Near the end of last week, we received an update from Clackamas County and OHA on quarantine guidelines and are thankful for some good news! An overview of the updates are as follows:
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID, regardless of vaccination status or symptoms, needs to isolate for a minimum of 5 days. The student/staff may return to school after 5 days of isolation if they have been fever-free for 24 hours without medication and other symptoms have improved.
- Close contacts will need to quarantine for 5 days from last day of exposure and watch for symptoms for the entire 10 days from exposure.
- For a close contact at home who is unable to isolate, the contact will need to quarantine for 10 days.
- Upon return from isolation or quarantine, student/staff will need to consistently and diligently wear a well-fitting mask during the additional 5 days following isolation. Please note that mask exemptions cannot be accepted for this shortened isolation period following a positive COVID result. If they cannot consistently wear a well-fitting mask during this 5-day period, they should continue to isolate at home for a full 10 days.
- Quarantine is not needed at the time of exposure for the following situations:
- They have had COVID in the last 90 days
- They have received a booster dose and are over 18 years of age
- They are 5-17 years old and have completed the primary series of a COVID vaccine
- They completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna in the last 5 months or J&J within the last 2 months
- The test-to-stay protocol remains unchanged as we wait for updated guidelines to reflect these changes.
We have tests available at school for exposed or symptomatic students and/or staff. For additional questions or to schedule an appointment for testing, if needed, please contact Jessi Veras through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school office at 503-658-4100.