Just 5 days left of school before Christmas Break! This edition of the Eagle Eye is packed with scheduled items this week and throughout Christmas break, in addition to upcoming dates in January. Check it out!
Thank you to everyone who attended our Building on Faith event on Friday, December 2nd. It was a great success with over $150,000 collected and more coming in every day. Please visit our BOF website to get the newest updates and for an opportunity to join with us in what God is doing at DCS. https://www.buildingonfaith.info/
For a little extra fun this week, we will be having dress up days throughout the week. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday - CLASS COLOR DAY: Kinder - 8th grade wear Red and/or Green; 9th grade - Blue; 10th grade - Orange; 11th grade - Pink; 12th grade - Green
- Tuesday - SPORTS SPIRIT DAY: Dress in your favorite sport's team paraphernalia...colors, jersey, fan gear, face paint, etc. How big of a fan are you?
- Wednesday - CHRISTMAS ATTIRE DAY: Dress in your favorite Christmas outfit...time to pull out the ugly Christmas sweaters.
- Thursday - HAT DAY: Wear your favorite hat...extra points if it's Christmas theme!
- Friday - PJ DAY: Wear your favorite PJ's to school...bragging rights for awesome Christmas themes.
During this final week of school before the Christmas break, many of you ask for ideas of what to give your favorite teachers/staff. To make that task easier and more accessible, we have developed a Staff Favorites List! Check it out to find that perfect gift.
This Monday the 12th, RipCity orders will be delivered to the school and distributed to the students. It is the seller/student's responsibility to deliver their individual orders. Once you have received your orders, if there are any issues, please let the school office know asap. A huge congratulations to Mrs. Huspek’s 3rd grade class for having the highest sales total and winning the class competition! Last week they enjoyed a special pajama day, cookie party and had their picture taken with the Davis’ “RipCity” car. The juniors and sophomores thank you from the bottom of their hearts for all your hard work and helping them as they work to fund their Washington DC living classroom trip.
Secondary chapel on Monday will extend until 4:00 PM for those that can stay. They will celebrate the birth of our Lord through worship and watching Christmas with the Chosen: The Messengers movie. The movie will go beyond our normal chapel time. Students are invited, but not required, to stay until the end of the movie. Any students needing to leave at 3:15 are free to do so.
Lost & Found items were out on tables in the courtyard for a couple of days this last week. Did you check for your child’s lost items? If you missed the opportunity, you can still dive through the pile to find your family’s treasures. Be aware, after Friday, December 16th all those items will be donated to a local charity and become someone else’s treasures.