The DCC Stephen Ministry exists to provide a quality one-to-one caring ministry through trained church members reaching out to others. They will engage in a care-giving relationship that focuses on the unique needs of one person as long as a need exists. Care-givers will receive support, guidance and supervision in order to continue giving effective Christian care to others.
*Please contact the Church Office at 503.658.3179 to learn more about DCC's Stephen Ministry.
STEPHEN MINISTERS ARE THERE: . . .
- . . . .after the phone call you hoped you’d never get.
- . . . .after the funeral, when everyone has left and the emotions you’ve held at bay come crashing in on you.
- . . . .after the relationship falls apart and the bottom falls out of your life.
- . . . . after the doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do.”
- . . . after the nursing home director shakes your hand and says, “Welcome to your new home.”
- . . . after the last child honks the horn, waves, and drives away—and the house suddenly seems empty.
- . . . after the gavel comes down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away.
- . . . after the baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible.
- . . . after you find a pink slip with your final paycheck.
- . . . after your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out.
Stephen Ministers are the After People.